SkyscraperCity banner
1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
7,299 Posts
I love it. Certainly is a good development.

I think that St Kilda is currently quite run down and hopefully this will help further boost the area. The NIMBY's unfortunately never want anything to change. They already had a minor victory with changes made to this development, but that just takes away from the architectural style it was going to display.

Its a shame that everything in this state now has a protest group associated with it. It just doesnt make sense.

·
Registered
7,239 Posts
I'd have been happy with another Beacon Cove there to be honest.

if anything too small and retail focused. there is already a supermarket and shopping street about 200m away on Acland Street. build more housing to support it locally and densify Melbourne a bit.

·
exto, extare, extiti
420 Posts
It looks like mostly parkland with a few 3 story buildings. Why are NIMBYs so hysterical over it?

·
Registered
3,925 Posts
There is NO reason not to build it now, the courts has given the green light to build.
Un-chain St Kilda can curl up and die, bunch of tools, the whole lot of them..:(

·
Registered
2,298 Posts
I'm all for it.

Dockside you're wrong. There is one reason not to build it. It's called the Global Financial Crisis. I think that's the main thing holding this one up at the moment.

·
Registered
12,865 Posts
It should go ahead as planned........and if not, they should build a replica of Chadstone Shopping Centre just to stuff the NIMBYS of St. Kilda...only kidding...sort of ?

·
Registered
3,925 Posts
I'm all for it.

Dockside you're wrong. There is one reason not to build it. It's called the Global Financial Crisis. I think that's the main thing holding this one up at the moment.
The developer has the funds(so they say).
Un-Chain St Kilda up-seated the local council over this and tried to get the courts to deem the whole plaining process illegal, they lost but are still fighting it at a higher court......:eek:hno:

1 - 20 of 50 Posts