SkyscraperCity banner
1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
9,359 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is a thread where you can post all your skyscraper designs you have done in google sketchup, other programs or by hand, and have people comment on them:)

Here is mine

It is a tower between 250m-270m that will form the pinnacle to a residential cluster, which will attach to the right of the main city cluster by a group of 80m-150m buildings. It is primarily residential/hotel with shops, bars and restraunts too. The top will house a three floor penthouse and a spire which should take it to about 290m.

proper colors

Please add your designs:)

·
Registered
18,396 Posts
nice work newcastle kid :eek:kay: I used to draw skyscrapers when I was younger but they are all on paper and I don't have a scanner :no:

·
Registered
9,359 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks:) If you get a scanner it would be great to see your designs:)

Here is another one I have just done quickly, alot more curves with this one

It would stand on blackfriars road near Beetham and Wilkinson eyre at about 150m, Providing a nice step down to the cluster. It would be completely residential.

·
Registered
491 Posts
I have removed this to stop rival architecs stealing the idea.

there is a reason for this action and you will see the reason in about 20 years maximum.

·
Registered
9,359 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
johnnypd said:
newcastle_kid your first design looks like the burj dubai
Yeah, I know it does look abit like it, but the Burj comes off alot more curvy and round than mine, mine is more simpe, alot more square

·
Against ID Cards
9,799 Posts
johnnypd said:
newcastle_kid your first design looks like the burj dubai
Yeah that's what I was thinking. Looks like something out of Asia and in a way reminds me of the Taipei 101 tower as well.

·
Registered
491 Posts
i have removed this to stop rival architecs from stealing the idea of this building.

·
Registered
491 Posts
newcastle kid said:

thnx m8 i like your new one but its not as good as the first one u did.

and if you liked those designs wate till u see what im working on :)

·
Registered
491 Posts
Ok this ones not really a building, it's a construction of a skyscraper

and it took me 3 hours to do!
where?= parrellel to the isle of dogs
hight?= 270m

hope you like it :)

·
Registered
491 Posts
newcastle kid said:
It's great, its amazing what you can do with google sketchup!

yes it is :)
im going to lie down my brain hurts and so does my eyesite :lol:

The best tower i have done so far is easily "Slice of Beauty"

·
Registered
9,359 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Here is another one, backstory inspired by Warcry's "Slice of Beauty"

A tower standing 250m-400m on the site of Arrowhead quay. The current planned project is small and bland, this one would hopefully suit the area more, but at the same time vary from the extreme-boxiness.

It would be office and residential, with a resteraunt and bar at the very top. The top of the tower would also be open to the public.

Obviously nothig like this will ever be built around here if LCA continues to run.

As you can (hopefully) see from the aerial view, the tower is supposedto be the shape of an arrowhead.

·
Registered
963 Posts
I think the wing one of warcry is exactly the style that the city is looking for. Something a little more conservative in shape but with a smart crown feature. Sets off the skyline nicely. Liking the angulars too Newcastle Kid.

I did a tower once then Ken Shuttleworth called it Vortex ;) Mine was far more slender and less tapered though.

1 - 20 of 51 Posts