SkyscraperCity banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
/BMOREBOY
3,017 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This thread was created to tell about youre cities new retail developments or anything dealing with retail as in what should be developed or what was youre cities dumbest retail mistake. examples I live in Greenville, NC we demolished one of our malls and now it only has 3 stores on site, but on the otherhand there is a shopping center on the other side of the street that would be a good mixed-use site. if this thread gets enough posts I would like to get it posted. thank you.

·
Registered
213 Posts
My parents live near the old mall. Considering the mall was dead, it did need to be redeveloped, but I wish it had been mixed use. Greenville is fast becoming just a bunch of strip centers and subdivisions. I see a lot of potential, but the leadership seems to lack a lot of vision or the ability to make real change. Also the crime is terrible.

I live in Lexington, KY and I think by far the worst example of development is the Reynolds Road area between Fayette Mall and Clays Mill. This was one great big parcel that was formerly an RJ Reynolds site. There were many public meetings and such in the 90's, but now all we have are typical housing and apartments, Meijer, a bunch of random offices, a Christian school, a hotel, some fast food, and storage units. Others may not agree, but they could have done so much more with this area and in my opinion is the least attractive part of town. There is no true mixed use and the development is sprawled all over and not bike or pedestrian friendly.

·
/BMOREBOY
3,017 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
which greenville has terrible crime if youre talking about Greenville, SC you taught me something new.

·
/BMOREBOY
3,017 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Oh I was about to say I know we have bad crime in Greenville, NC its a good amount of things going on (not really).

1 - 8 of 8 Posts