SkyscraperCity banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
one of melbourne's newest additions to its well established and renowed luxury apartment living portfolio is sunland corporation's courageous, curvatious, sexy, environmentally sensitive yve. the building is set between st.kilda road, one of melbourne's grandest boulevards, and albert park lake, home to the melbourne grand prix. it contains 120 luxury apartments some of which are looking towards melbourne's cbd and overlooking port phillip bay.

i recently did a photoshoot of the elegant and curvatious lady - here are some pics.

enjoy.

·
Agent of Change
7,019 Posts
Fark!!!!! Those are quality shots of a quality building. If Balencia turns out anywhere near as good as Yve (Sunland & Wood Marsh=quality) then we've got alot to look forward to. Thanks velco, this thread's a keeper.

·
Banned
9,681 Posts
Hasn't this just turned out a treat.

We'll be sending the truck around tomorrow and carting this back to Queensland:p

Top pix, it's really an ultra fine building, the best in Australia atm for it's category. Balencia looks the good as well.

·
Registered
3,113 Posts
Maybe it's something I'd have to see in person, but to me it looks like a Eurocrat building in the Brussels. The curves are interesting, but otherwise it looks blunt, souless and pretentious, but as I said it maybe something I'd have to see in person, to get a different perspective, which will hopefully be on the cards later this year.

I do like your photographic style though Velco, very professional!

·
Watch my Chops
6,034 Posts
Spectacular. Some bad points, it's a little rigged and rough on the minor scales but the angles used in photos and the huge sexy curves fix that. :)

·
Registered
1,788 Posts
Just one sexy building added to Melbournes stock of very unusual and different to your normal "run of the mill type" of apartment buildings.
Thanks a lot velco for taking the time and effort to take the shots and download them for all of us to enjoy.

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
thanks all, pure pleasure, hope we get more yve / balencea style buildings at the luxury end and less rdts.

·
Developer
7,646 Posts
It is easy to see why this is the most expensive apartment tower in Melbourne as well.

Wood Marsh are really hot at the moment!

YE5 and Yve are both amazing towers

·
6,435 Posts
dallas said:
The curves are interesting, but otherwise it looks blunt, souless and pretentious, but as I said it maybe something I'd have to see in person, to get a different perspective, which will hopefully be on the cards later this year.
I love this building but what does seem pretentious about it to me is the name - "Yve" - how the hell do you pronounce that??!! I guess if you can't then it means you should cart you're arse back to suburbia cause you don't belong in a building like that? :)

Great photos Velco. That first one with the purple sky is amazing - I'm assuming it's photoshopped or something though?

·
Professional amateur
1,062 Posts
^^^ I pronouce it "Eve" as in 'Adam and Eve'... probably wrong but it works for me.

Stu

·
Registered
2,411 Posts
I have to admit these are one of best photos ever displayed...
combination of sexy building and great photography skills...

Velco... you are a champ !

1 - 20 of 24 Posts