SkyscraperCity banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 818 Posts

·
Streetwalker
7,028 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
This thread is for construction updates and photos on the near 100m skyscraper called EuroTower which is now under construction in the Croatian capital of Zagreb.

The 26 storey tower and its smaller 13 level twin are one of the newest office towers being built in the city.

Official website ....
www.eurotower.hr

·
Streetwalker
7,028 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 · (Edited)
We'll post the construction pics as they happen in chronological order.

Mid 2004 - Site cleared in anticipation of excavation works ....

September 2004 ...... from website :)

·
Streetwalker
7,028 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
January 2005

Photos courtesy from Long Foot :)

·
Registered
572 Posts
Nice to have an update thread. This should be interesting :cheers:

·
Streetwalker
7,028 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
February 2005

Photos from Long Foot :) .....

·
Streetwalker
7,028 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
March 2005

Pics from Long Foot :) .....

·
Streetwalker
7,028 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
April 2005

Pics from Long Foot :) .....

·
Registered
7,716 Posts
Wow! I'm delighted with this project. But you must admit that it's such a pitty that it won't have 30 floors!

Anyway... Go Zagreb!!!

·
I come in peace \V/
11,252 Posts
guys, any ideas for good graphics software I want to render a nice tower, I think would be suited for Zagreb. 32 and 25 Floors twins and 40 floor tower call it Hot's dream, lol...

Few towers have in mind, and I'll also need good pictures of Zagreb from altitude, especially area around the Zagrebcanka and Vjesnik tower.

·
otišao i neće se vratiti
6,736 Posts
^^^
Here are renderings for Erste tower in Vukovarska (never approved, just ignore it) – which nicely present this area, you could add it somewhere here:

·
I come in peace \V/
11,252 Posts
thanx LF, you know software this towers where rendered in? anyone...

Or any amateur software for rendering buildings ?

·
Streetwalker
7,028 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thanks Long Foot! :)

Eurotower is already beggining to look a solid skyscraper on the rise. So far they look to be starting on level 10 with another 16 more levels to go. Its going to look really interesting in several more months and it will surely stand out on Zagreb's skyline.

We'll do a similar thread for ZagrebTower. It makes it easier for everyone to follow the buildings development from start to finish.

·
Streetwalker
7,028 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I'm also guessing they will start on the shorter 13 level tower once the bigger 26 level tower tops out. :)

·
Banned
29,118 Posts
always good to have an update thread, the anticipation increases this way :eek:kay:

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
Go, go! :D

Go Eurotower!

Few questions:
1) why is there an opinion that Zagrepčanka is taller than Eurotower? It's not 109m, but 94.6m... :bash:
Eurotower will be the tallest skyscraper in Croatia. -> 96m

2) it is Eurotower or Eurotoranj? The main hue poster on the construction site says Eurotower, and the plan table says Eurotoranj.
My tongue is breaking while using the "english version". Eurotoranj is better, and foreign people could learn how to say "tower" in Croatian.
But, everyone says [eurotaur], which is absurd. If we want to say it as it's supposed to be called than it's [jurotaur].
So, [jurotaur] or [eurotoranj] ?
Can someone help me with this?

·
otišao i neće se vratiti
6,736 Posts
Interesting questions!

I use [eurotaur], which is incorect. I don't like that name too, but today it is trend to give an english name to buildgin – Zagrebtower, Hoto tower, Eurotower etc. I rather like Croatian names like Zagrepčanka ;)
BTW, where did you find information about Zagrepčanka height? I still believe it is taller than 100 m.

·
Registered
908 Posts
Endimion17 said:
Go Eurotower!

Few questions:
1) why is there an opinion that Zagrepčanka is taller than Eurotower? It's not 109m, but 94.6m... :bash:
Eurotower will be the tallest skyscraper in Croatia. -> 96m

2) it is Eurotower or Eurotoranj? The main hue poster on the construction site says Eurotower, and the plan table says Eurotoranj.
My tongue is breaking while using the "english version". Eurotoranj is better, and foreign people could learn how to say "tower" in Croatian.
But, everyone says [eurotaur], which is absurd. If we want to say it as it's supposed to be called than it's [jurotaur].
So, [jurotaur] or [eurotoranj] ?
Can someone help me with this?
You are correct Endimion17. I too have heard that EuroTower is supposed to be Zagreb's new tallest but its hard to get official building heights from Croatia. I have seem so many conflicting building heights. It would be good if there was some official source of information.

I'm not too sure on the "tower" vs "toranj" issue but the over use of "tower" lately in new Zagreb building names is really getting boring. The developers need to be more original for their products and I like the use of "toranj" which is our proper word for "tower".

Well done Long Foot on the photographic history showing this building growing. It makes it easier to follow. :)

·
otišao i neće se vratiti
6,736 Posts
AstroBoy said:
Well done Long Foot on the photographic history showing this building growing. It makes it easier to follow. :)
Ah, say thank you to sincity, he collected all my pics in one thread ;)

1 - 20 of 818 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.