·
Registered
770 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
:bash: looks like they are trying to copy the sultan ahmed mosque in istanbul

·
Registered
14,924 Posts
Is this for real!!??or they put it wrongly in that page?!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zahedan
it looks very nice but wrong place !!!! when they build something in the right place its in poor quality, when they build something nice its in the wrong place .....

this is a classic byzantine/ottoman turkish mosque which honestly would fit an area like jolfa, or near the turkish border , but zahedan???? LOL ina chikar mikonan khoda midoone baraye khodeshoon daran safa mikonan
even in tehran/tabriz/qazvin/arak it would fit more , but zahedan ??

it is a sunni mosque but these guys did a copy paste of istanbul

a proper mosque style of the southern region (this is from hormozgan) , although the yellow bricks are not appropriate, the minarets and dome is a good example

http://sonsofsunnah.com/2012/07/07/1709/
yes it does looks a bit similar to byzantine-turkish mosques but it has its own distinct styling

looks beautiful though but the surrounding city is to badly made that the structure gets lost in the city

http://www.khorasannews.com/OnlineNews.aspx?newsid=157678&category=

·
Persian sea
199 Posts
diroz mostanad irangard ro neshon midad az shabake 1 ke to sistan va balochestan bod,agha a diroz fek mikardam sistan biabone o bi abo alaf...ama alan migam beheshte Iran Sisatane che tabiate zibaie che mardomane ba sharafi che memari honarmandanei...sistan yani behesht beheton pishnehad mikonam hatman mostanad ro bebinid

Masajede ahle tasnone

·
Registered
1,263 Posts
^^^^Shahmir thank you for the photos. We don't get enough photos of the southern cities and it becomes easy to forget the vast differences in levels of deprivation and poverty. These are really difficult pictures to see but there is a need to make the area more visible to others warts and all. The setting for the city looks really beautiful. In the first picture the rock mountain really stands out in the background too. What is it called? Excuse my total ignorance here by the way. It seems really popular with all the kids climbing up too. Is there an ancient monument on top at all? Zoroastrian Temples did make it deep into the indus valley area, Zahedan or Zabol must have a surviving one I would have thought.

The pictures of the ramshackle houses and rubbish-ridden streets are really disturbing. I wish you would add a little commentary as to where and why a little more. I know the systematic underdevelopment is a problem. Is there a refugee issue also? And honestly what would be the attitude of the local community if there was a plan of gentrification carried out by the authorities? Would they take it as an insult or welcome it? I have always thought the most appropriate thing a government can do is to provide incentives for businesses and steer clear of too much top down imposition of design and style. But where there is a special need to lift the community from a set of circumstances then definitely there should be direct help. Is that the case here too? I think with Khorramshahr and the war damage it suffered, its definitely a huge oversight by the government not to step in directly and fast. I had always felt Zahedan was rather prosperous in comparison at least. I might be totally wrong as is often the case so it's vital for local people or even visiting individuals to let others know the issues and perhaps provide visual examples of what needs attention and pressure. Subtle hints are enough especially with more open social media as I am sure you know why. Iran is very sensitive to media hype and in one way it makes the issue problematic when airing genuine problems but it can make them take quite sensible action if presented the right way. International forums like this are really good for the apolitical issues I would imagine so apart from my over-curious nature, it could help the people in the long run too.

I am not keen on the design of the mosque myself. It's in a way far too foreboding for any religious institution. What is your angle on it? I don't think you are keen either somehow, but not sure. I like the way the city mixes designs from all different styles though. ESP the Maci mosque with its Byzantine design and the more Indian influenced ones are incredibly beautiful to me.

One more question, are there any surviving historic Buddist or Hindu temples at all in the area? There were some just over the border I know but not sure in Sistan or Baluchestan. Chabahar used to have a large Indian community I read somewhere not sure if there are more historic influences left like those in Abadan and Bushehr.

Anyhow, thanks again for posting the pictures but as always we want more. All the best.

·
Registered
14,924 Posts
a sad truth, there was a video showing over 5000 sistani's with no identification (and thats the reported number). their father's were either long dead or did not stay with the famillies , some were addicts. and hence the children could not get citizenship either, and since in backwards islamic law only a father can give citizenship rights and identity to a child, there are whole generations growing up with no housing, no health, no rights, no education. its a sad mess

and instead they build mosques in the area.... what a shame

·
Registered
1,263 Posts
a sad truth, there was a video showing over 5000 sistani's with no identification (and thats the reported number). their father's were either long dead or did not stay with the famillies , some were addicts. and hence the children could not get citizenship either, and since in backwards islamic law only a father can give citizenship rights and identity to a child, there are whole generations growing up with no housing, no health, no rights, no education. its a sad mess

and instead they build mosques in the area.... what a shame
You know, it's things like this that make feel totally enraged about the islamic mumbo jumbo of these idiots. How can they possibly look at a human being and judge them suitable to receive help because of their fathers circumstances. To feel its ok to ignore them. If the blasted thing wasn't religious, even the worst police states I would try and go help myself. I can't do that with fantasy stuff they go on about. It's really really frustrating. It is so beyond any other silly logic they waft together. And of course something like this will get exploited by anyone with or without ulterior motive to cause trouble. I can't even really blame them as much as I know and feel it is not for the best for anyone. This is total frustration rather than the traffic in Tehran I meant before Soroush. It's almost painful.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts