Skyscraper City Forum banner
1 - 20 of 82 Posts

·
Registered
1,371 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Zakho (Arabic: زاخو; Aramaic: ܙܐܟܼܘ; Kurdish: Zaxo, زاخو or Zaco) is a district and a town in northern Iraq located a few kilometers from the Iraqi-Turkish border.

·
Registered
1,371 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Zakho in 1955

Photo's from the "Iraqi kingdom" group on facebook

·
Registered
3,760 Posts
Do you think that Zakho is the most beautiful area in Iraq? Mainly of its natural landscapes?

·
Banned
3,185 Posts
Nice pictures 3ini.

That's pretty subjective. Personally I can think of many more "beautiful" areas in Iraq than Zakho. Or more ancient and interesting for that matter.

·
Registered
344 Posts
I am surprised and impressed! this the first time to see ZaKho, never been there before!
I think it is a very small city.. not like Duhok, Erbil or Sulaimani.

·
Registered
3,760 Posts
I have been to Dohuk, And in the case of landscape beauty I diffidently think its the most beautiful in Iraq.
Hashimi, have you been to dohuk?

I will never forget when I was in Shaklawa or was it Zakho on the mountains, sitting down in a restaurant and having the water from the mountains passing under my feet. just wow..
Also just seeing Iraqis from all over Iraqi working there and coming together is really something :)

·
Galactico
11,194 Posts
Well I have only been in three provinces in Iraq which is Ninawa, Arbil and Dohuk. I will not say which one is the most beautiful because most of the provinces in Iraq has something unique to offer.

Sumer, Dohuk province has a similar landscape to Arbil. The cities do not though. Arbil city is for instance flat and no rivers go through the city..

Arch94, Zakho is not that small anymore but yea it's not like cities you mentioned.

·
Bettengann
1,093 Posts

·
dreams of Babylon rising
13,685 Posts
is that zakho or the road up to chilmiran from sinjar?

·
Bettengann
1,093 Posts
1 - 20 of 82 Posts