1 - 20 of 129 Posts

·
Sagar
4,816 Posts

·
Registered
25,181 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Greenland is certainly crazy. They have many other projects coming. Xian 2x200m+, Qingdao 1x300m+, etc. And they are buying new plots everywhere, many of which wont host skyscrapers though.

·
whitest boy in the delta
12,499 Posts
cool design i like the small monument like things in front of the tower too

Reactions: Highcliff

·
Registered
25,181 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Projects:
Zhengzhou Integrated Transportation Hub Block H Project, Greenland Group
Zhengzhou, China
competition

The twin 300m 66-story office towers, towers 1 and 2, proposed for this project and their undulating forms will be landmarks for Zhengzhou. Sky gardens at the notched corners on the east and west facades of each tower protect the towers from low angle solar exposure while maximizing natural ventilation. Towers 1 and 2 utilize a composite exterior expressed diagrid coupled with a concrete core wall to efficiently resist wind and seismic loading. Utilizing composite construction maximizes the speed of construction and the efficiency of the system. The towers diagrid systems were analyzed and proportioned to meet the requirements of the GB code and to ensure that they could withstand higher seismic event levels due to rigidity of the system.

Towers 1 and 2 are flanked by a four story retail podium and by a 113m 27-story Boutique Hotel and a 203m 47-story SOHO Office, Towers 3 and 4 respectively. Each tower’s gravity system will be reinforced concrete two-way flat plate and the lateral system for each will be a reinforced concrete shear wall system. This structural system is cost effective and maximizes floor to floor clear heights and provides efficiency and speed in construction.

http://www.halvorsonandpartners.com/projects/129

^^ Diagrams inside.

·
Registered
25,181 Posts
Discussion Starter #14

·
whitest boy in the delta
12,499 Posts
Another render. The forumer who posted this didn't mention the source. Looks far better than the other version imo.
^^last picture^^
this is a fucking twin-twin structure O_O WOOOOOW

Reactions: Highcliff

·
Registered
860 Posts
Why can't they keep it to modern, good elegant towers? Why change them to these so called 'creative designs' where they are just weird shapes, looking very deformed? I prefer the actual twins in the first post.

·
Registered
3,778 Posts
^^ Agree complitely. I love brutalism in architecture. The first desing is great. It's something that would nicely fit in Tokyo. And I love Tokyo style. There is nothing catching about the second one. Another glassy bumps - no power at all. To bad, Chinese often chose the second kind. They probably are cheaper to build too.

It would be awesome if they chose the first desing :cheers:

·
Registered
25,181 Posts
Discussion Starter #20 (Edited)
1 - 20 of 129 Posts