SkyscraperCity banner

1 - 20 of 106 Posts

·
Registered
1,480 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The City West area is lying next to the Primetower areal an will be finished in two stages.

The first stage which will be finished in 2010 or 2011 will include a 80m tower.
The City-West Tower is planned as a Hotel with at least 1 luxury appartement at the top-floor.

Facts:
housing space for 1500 people
office space for 1300 people

·
LIBERTINED
45,315 Posts
Grüazi!
It seems Zürich is going to be the Swiss Manhattan eh ;)
If you have almost only 80m-towers, a 150m one may stick out a lot - and nearly look like a supertall! Quite clever, cheeseguys :yes: Leap ahead!

·
Registered
1,480 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Grüazi!
It seems Zürich is going to be the Swiss Manhattan eh ;)
If you have almost only 80m-towers, a 150m one may stick out a lot - and nearly look like a supertall! Quite clever, cheeseguys :yes: Leap ahead!
Grüezi :banana:
Primetower/126m

So....maybe in two or three years there will be something around 200m, hopefuly ;)

The area around the "Hardbrücke" is doing well - even if the highrises can't keep up with Frankfurt (Mainhatten) or the original Manhattan :lol:

If all projects are going to be realised there will be around 4 80m-Towers, 1 125m-Tower and around 6 ~60m-Towers in the vincinity which I think is not so bad for mid-european city...

·
Registered
268 Posts
well the long building in the back looks like a commieblock to me, but its just a render.
what i really dont like are the random shape of the 3 lowrises. there really is nothing esthetic about those. a city needs kind of a clear structure imho. i like it clear and simple ;-)

·
Registered
1,790 Posts
well the long building in the back looks like a commieblock to me, but its just a render.
what i really dont like are the random shape of the 3 lowrises. there really is nothing esthetic about those. a city needs kind of a clear structure imho. i like it clear and simple ;-)
I"m sure it will look good when its build :)

·
The new worldcity
328 Posts
^^ This is a realy good project for Zurich. I'm every year in Zurich with the Street Parade and have friends there, so i now the location and the city. Its not so close to the centre of the city. The four towers in the last picture, are next to the road if you're traveling to Basel. There are not many highrises in Zurich, are there more plans you now off?

·
Steve's Photo Gallery
7,278 Posts
^^ This is a realy good project for Zurich. I'm every year in Zurich with the Street Parade and have friends there, so i now the location and the city. Its not so close to the centre of the city. The four towers in the last picture, are next to the road if you're traveling to Basel. There are not many highrises in Zurich, are there more plans you now off?
Here you get an overview:

high-rise projects in Zurich-West

·
The new worldcity
328 Posts
Thanks for the link, there are some nice projects in development. I think the economic ressesion wil hit hard on switzerland, so are all of the projects going to be build?

·
Steve's Photo Gallery
7,278 Posts
Thanks for the link, there are some nice projects in development. I think the economic ressesion wil hit hard on switzerland, so are all of the projects going to be build?
I don't think that one of these projects could be at risk because of the crisis, three projects are already under construction.

·
Registered
1 Posts
The projects should all still get built because the housing market in switzerland hasn't been hit by the crises yet and is not expected to be hit hard in the near future. The cause is mainly that developers have been cautious in the past and with the free movement of persons agreement with the european union many people have come to switzerland.

http://www.hev-schweiz.ch/3914.0.html

1 - 20 of 106 Posts